[ncl-install] Error in running NCL on Ubuntu

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 2 12:22:21 MDT 2017

Gaurav,

Your messages are not going to the ncl-install email list. Instead, they
are getting bounced to the administrators of this email list because you
are not subscribed to ncl-install.

You need to to subscribe before you can email ncl-install:

If you are using NCL V6.3.0, you shouldn't need to do anything special to
use "gsn_csm_contour". The fact that you are getting an "undefined" error
leads me to believe that you might have multiple versions of NCL installed
on your system, and that you might somehow be pointing to the older version.

Or, perhaps there's something in your script that's causing NCL to think
gsn_csm_contour is undefined.

Can you run the attached script and see if it produces a PNG that looks
like the attached PNG?  If you continue to get the error, then what does
the following report (type this from a UNIX terminal):

ncl -V
which ncl
env | grep NCARG