[ncl-install] Help! NCL 6.3.0 does not work in Cygwin

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 26 12:43:28 MDT 2016

Qing,

Usually the Cygwin problem with NCL is because you downloaded a 64-bit
version of Cygwin and not the 32-bit version.

Please look over these notes:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

and make sure you downloaded the "setup-x86.exe" program for Cygwin and not
the "setup-x86_64.exe" program.

If you did install Cygwin from setup-x86.exe, then email me offline and
we'll do some debugging to see what the issue might be.

--Mary