[ncl-install] POWER8 (ppc64le) Configuration

James Ostrander jlost at umich.edu
Mon Sep 19 06:56:17 MDT 2016

Hi, I'm interested in helping push forward NCL's ppc64le compatibility - I
noticed there is not yet an options file for that build type in the source
code, so creating one would be the logical place to start.

Rather than hashing out the necessary configuration details myself, I would
first like to try to create a bounty to incentivize work from a different
developer through bountysource.com. To go this route, I would need to link
to a public issue. Is there such a place I can post an issue for this
project? If not, would it be okay to fork the project and have the changes
worked on there?

Would the NCL maintainers be likely to accept the new configuration options
as a patch after they've been completed?

--
*James Ostrander*
*ITS Administrative Info Srvcs*