[ncl-install] ncl hardcoded limits

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 1 18:01:54 MDT 2016

Hi Dominikus,

The size allowed for work arrays can be controlled at runtime using
the resource wsMaximumSize. The current default is
100 MB, which must be written in terms of single bytes as: 100000000.
You can make it as big as you like, usually by setting a value in your
.hluresfile in your home directory using a line like:

! set the maximum workspace size to 2e9
*wsMaximumSize : 2000000000

-dave