[ncl-install] Mac OSX 10.12 Sierra install

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 14 22:00:30 MST 2016

Since none of these files exist, then you need to create it in your home
directory.

On a Mac system, I recommend creating the ".bash_profile" file (note it is
not ".bashrc_profile as you typed it in your email) in your home directory,
and then add the lines to set NCARG_ROOT and PATH as documented.

You can create the file in your home directly by typing one of these two
commands:

vi $HOME/.bash_profile

or

vi ~/.bash_profile

"vi" is a UNIX editor. You can use whatever UNIX editor you are comfortable
with.

The two lines you add should look something like this:

export NCARG_ROOT=*/xxx/yyy/zzz*
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

Where "/xxx/yyy/zzz" should be replaced with the path where you installed
NCL.

Save the file, and then open a new Terminal window and type:

ncl -V

to see if it worked.

--Mary