[ncl-install] Mac OSX 10.12 Sierra install

Rex Tracy rtracy1 at san.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 16:58:12 MST 2016

I have tried to follow the instructions for installing NCL on Mac but run into trouble when looking for the appropriate file to edit to add the NCL to the PATH search line.  I do understand that I can interactively change the PATH to search via a terminal command, however, when looking for the file to edit [ .profile, .bashrc or .bashrc_profile ], I find that the file is not present under the latest OSX version ( 10.12 ) within my home directory.  Can you help me identify the location of this file ?

Thank you,
Dr. Rex Tracy