[ncl-install] NCL miniconda installation report on OS X 10.10.5

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 29 09:45:56 MDT 2016

Hi Karin,

Thanks for testing this out. Kevin has fixed the PNG issue, but now he is
dealing with some incompatibilities with the gdal and geos libraries. Other
conda folks on this list may be very familiar with this issue, because it
comes up when you try to use basemap and cartopy in the same environment
(these external Python packages not supported by us).

I wanted to jump in about some of the other errors.

I fixed the xy06n issue.

As for the C/Fortran compilation issues, we'll have to think about this.
The conda installation is really meant for people using "ncl", and not
tailored for people using the old NCAR Graphics C / Fortran interface.
Still, it would be nice if we could at least get these to compile.

The undefined references are coming from NetCDF calls, and I'm wondering if
it's a simple case of the good ol' underscore issue where some compilers
append this to Fortran routine names, and some don't. We'll try to look
into this after we get the other issues fixed.

--Mary