[ncl-install] Installing ncl on debian 8 from debian repository problem

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 27 10:33:22 MDT 2016

Ugo,

You may have set NCARG_ROOT to the wrong path. It should be set to the
parent directory of where NCL was installed.

Please review the instructions here:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

To get the parent directory of where NCL was installed, type:

which ncl

This will report a path like "/xxx/yyy/bin/ncl", where "/xxx/yyy" will be a
UNIX path like "/usr/local".  This will be the parent directory that you
need to set NCARG_ROOT to:

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local

OR

setenv NCARG_ROOT /usr/local