[ncl-install] Issue with running NCL on Mac OS X 10.11

Alyssa aatwood at uw.edu
Sun Feb 21 15:15:03 MST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to run NCL 6.3.0 on a Mac OS X 10.11. Upon attempting test run (ncargex cpex08 -clean), I get the response:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncargpath
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I have attempted to update my GCC compiler to GCC 4.9 (the version used to compile NCL 6.3.0), but this didn’t solve the problem, although I now see libgomp.1.dylib in the directory: /opt/local/lib/gcc49/. I have added to .profile:

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl-6.3.0
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc49

Please let me know what I need to do to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance,
Alyssa