[ncl-install] Path not getting set

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 12 14:42:40 MST 2016

​There are a few issues here:

[1] Why are you installing NCL V6.1.0?  The latest version is V6.3.0

[2] You need to make sure $NCARG_ROOT/bin is on your search path:

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/bin/ncl-6.1.0
# Ensure user-installed binaries take precedence
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

[3] In general, you shouldn't need to set DISPLAY.  Try commenting those
commands and let your system figure out what DISPLAY should be set to.

--Mary