[ncl-install] warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: DISPLAY environment variable not set

Ipshita Majhi ipmajhi at alaska.edu
Mon Feb 8 16:23:43 MST 2016

Dear NCL

when I test for installation. I am getting this error. How to fix the
follow error

Best Regards
Ipshita

warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: DISPLAY environment variable not set
fatal:Workstation with PID#8 is not open
fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:_NhlCreate:Invalid Parent id #-4
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:["Execute.c":7743]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 11829 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/gsun/gsn_code.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":7741]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 11

Finished running 'ncl < gsun01n'...