[ncl-install] Problem with ncl install/set environement

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 3 17:32:57 MST 2016

Hi Ingrid,
The export commands you gave are only valid for the current session.
Try logging in and executing these commands and then without logging
out see if you can run ng4ex or ncl.  If you can then you simply need
to add the export commands to your startup file(s).
For bash these live in your home directory and have the names .bashrc
and/or .bash_profile. You can find the details of how these files work
by doing 'man bash' (or look on the web for bash documentation). Note
these file have names that begin with '.'. That causes them to be
invisible when you do a normal 'ls'. You need to do 'ls -a' to see
them. Hope this helps.
 -dave