[ncl-install] Trying to build ncl_ncarg 6.3.0

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 15 08:22:39 MST 2016

Greg,

Did you build and install cairo, pixman, and other software to /usr/local?
If not, then it looks like your build is finding the cairo that's in
/usr/local, and that cairo could be out-of-date.

Did you run the NCARG "./Configure" program before you typed "make
Everything"? If so, then in this directory:

$NCARG/config

you should see a "Site.local" file.  In this file you should see lines like
this:

#define YmakeRoot /Users/haley/dev

#define LibSearch -L/Users/haley/dev/external/lib -L/opt/X11/lib
#define IncSearch -I/Users/haley/dev/external/include
-I/Users/haley/dev/external/include/freetype2 -I/opt/X11/include

These lines should have the "lib" and "include" paths that point to the
location of where you installed cairo, pixman, etc. The /opt/X11/ paths are
where the X11 libraries are installed on my Mac, so I have to include that
too.

Also, you must have both */xxxx/yyyy*/include and
/*xxxx/yyyy/*include/freetype2
paths on the IncSearch line, so the cairo stuff can find your FreeType
software.

--Mary