[ncl-install] install NCL

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 4 15:51:05 MDT 2016

Thanks for the info, David.

It looks like the version of NCL that conda chose to install for you (dev_r16433) is actually somewhat outdated; some older versions of the NCL package allowed incorrect dependency packages to be installed in certain cases, breaking NCL in the process. I just removed all of the potentially affected older versions of NCL from my conda channel, which should hopefully solve this problem.

Could you please try removing the existing “ncl_test” environment using the command “conda env remove -n ncl_test”, then recreate it using the same steps you used before, and then let me know if the issue still occurs?

If the issue continues to occur, you might want to also try deleting the conda package cache directory (which should be located at /Users/davidking/anaconda/pkgs on your machine), or at least delete the NCL related files and directories in that pkgs directory, and then delete/recreate the ncl_test environment.

Thanks again,
Kevin