[ncl-install] system error appears everytime I run NCL program

Lijun Diao ljdiao at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:58:31 MDT 2015

Hi, all:

I just installed NCL 6.0.3. When I run NCL, I got error message as:

fatal:syntax error: line 4640 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near mreg_part_corr
function mreg_part_corr
----------------------^

fatal:Function identifier is defined
fatal:syntax error: line 4641 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near local
local
----^

fatal:error in statement
fatal:Variable (x1) is undefined
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4643 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

my program works well. I am wondering whether those errors are due to my installation.

thanks,

Lijun Diao
ldiao at uh.edu
Research Assistant
Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
University of Houston
4800 Calhoun RD., Bldg. S&R1-312
Houston, TX 77204-5007