[ncl-install] Fwd: HDF5 to NETCDF conversion

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 16 09:04:25 MDT 2015

You can install NCL V6.3.0 for 64-bit Ubuntu.  We only have Debian and
RedHat binaries, but you should be able to use a Debian binary without any
problems. (A RedHat one should probably work too, but we've seen some
issues with older versions).

I would download any one of the Debian binaries that has "Debian" and
"x86_64" as part of its name.

Here's the link to the 6.3.0 page, and you can select whether you want
OPeNDAP-enabled or non-OPeNDAP enabled binaries (I recommend non-OPenDAP if
you don't need it).

https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.630.html

Full installation instructions are here:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

--Mary