[ncl-install] The new version NCL6.3.0 can't work on my computer with Cygwin

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue May 12 07:05:18 MDT 2015

Hi All,

[My apologies if I already sent this message. I saw this in my draft box
and not sure I ever sent it.]

Whenever I create a new NCL binary for Cygwin, I download the latest and
greatest version of X/Cygwin before I do so.

If NCL V6.3.0 isn't working, it may be that your version of X/Cygwin is too
old.  I recommend going to:

http://x.cygwin.com

and downloading and running the "setup-x86.exe
<http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe>" file.  Answer all the questions as
appropriate, and it should update your version of X/Cygwin.

You can then try running NCL again.

--Mary