[ncl-install] Problem compiling ncl 6.3.0 without HDFEOS

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 19 14:15:13 MDT 2015

Hi Orion,

I did a test build a few days ago where I turned off *all* the optional
features and it worked fine for me.

I just now tried it by just turning off these two features, and it also
worked fine for me.

I have only four lines in my Site.local file:

#define BuildHDFEOS 0
#define BuildHDFEOS5 0
#define LibSearch  ....
#define IncSearch  ....

You have to make sure to update your Makefiles if you change the Site.local
file;

cd $NCARG
make Makefiles

or, to try it locally in a directory: