[ncl-install] misplaced libraries, missing libgfortran.3.dylib

Levi Silvers silversster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:24:06 MDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to install the 6.3.0 version of NCL on my macbook.

I have previously used macporst to install fortran.

I downloaded the ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.10_64bit_nodap_gcc492.tar binary.

I am using bash, and updated the .bashrc file to include the following:

export NCARG_ROOT=/Users/levi/bin/ncl-6.3.0

export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

If I try to simply run ncl with

:ncl

I get the error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib

  Referenced from: /Users/levi/bin/ncl-6.3.0/bin/ncl

  Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5

I do have the libgfortran.3.dylib file, but it is locate in
/opt/local/lib/gcc47 because of the default location for installations
which use macports.

Do you know what I am doing wrong (or how to allow ncl to see my libraries
in their current place)?  Thank you in advance,
levi