[ncl-install] gsun01n.ncl "wrong" output

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 16 09:19:01 MDT 2015

Michele,

This is a known problem, that we believe is an Intel graphics driver issue,
and not an NCL/X11 issue.

The work-around, is to use "ncl.xq.fix" instead of "ncl" to run your NCL
scripts.  Not all NCL binaries have "ncl.xq.fix", installed with them,
however. You can check for this by typing:

which ncl.xq.fix

If you see it, then try using it:

  ncl.xq.fix myscript.ncl

If you don't have it, then I can probably create it for you. I will need to
know which NCL binary you downloaded, so I can generate "ncl.xq.fix" for
you on the same system.

--Mary