[ncl-install] Library problem - a script in NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 27 11:25:14 MDT 2015

Negin,

I've been out of town for a bit, and trying to catch up on emails.

[Thanks Orion for taking care of many of the other issues.]

First, NCAR Graphics doesn't create "CGM" files directly.  The "ncargex
cpex08" command produces a NCGM file, which is an internal "NCAR CGM" file,
and the only way you can see this file is to view it with:

ctrans -d X11 cpex08.ncgm

or

idt cpex08.ncgm

In order to help you, I need to know exactly what your "plot_points.csh"
script is doing. It looks like you have an error on line 1. What is on line
1?  What does the rest of the script look like?

I'm confused by the " plot_points.x < plot_points.ans" line.  Is this being
called by plot_points.csh or are you typing this separately?  I can't
really tell from your output.

--Mary