[ncl-install] Installation query !

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 6 15:14:43 MDT 2015

Pavan,

The error you provided is not from the two commands you listed, but rather
from:

ncargex cpex08

This "ncargex" example is only for testing NCAR Graphics, and this is only
for people who are using the NCAR Graphics C and Fortran libraries to do
their graphics, rather than NCL.

However, this error does lead me to believe that NCL probably did not get
fully built, so I wouldn't be surprised if the other two commands also
failed.

Is there a reason you are trying to build from source code, rather than
using a precompiled binary?  We have NCL built for a system very similar to
yours. I think this is the one you could try:

ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.Linux_RHEL6.4_x86_64_gcc447.tar.gz

--Mary