[ncl-install] (no subject)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 14 15:30:26 MDT 2015

Mariama,

As far as I can tell, your environment is set up correctly, and your system
knows where to find the "ncl" executable.

What happens when you type:

ncl -V

or

ng4ex xy01n -clean

?

You need to be running Cygwin/X in order to run the "ng4ex" command,
because it's going to try to bring up an X11 window with an XY plot. You
need to click on this window with your left mouse button to advance the
frame and close the plot.

If when you type "ncl -V" you get absolutely no output, and just the UNIX
prompt again, then this could mean that you installed the 64-bit version of
Cygwin.  NCL only works under the 32-bit version.

For more information on all this, please read:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

--Mary