[ncl-install] printing Cygwin install instructions

Jeremy Winick winickjr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:34:41 MDT 2015

This is surely an old problem of printing the html. Here is a note I
wrote in 2013:

I have mentioned this previously, but here are some more details since
it is frustrating to try and print out a documentation subject and only
get one page. This seems to occur all the time when viewing a page .shtml.
I am using Firefox 20.0 , Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical -1.0 and
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I just tried to print the information on
NhlChangeWorkstation, the URL is
www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/NhlChangeWorkstation.shtml
. The page shows NCAR Command Language and NCL Home
 >Documentation>Functions>Workstation routines. I print asking for
entire document, I only get one page, it ends with the line:
zo = natgrids(x, y, z, xo, yo) : Interpolate

The preview function also only show this one page, so it is clear the
print processing doesn't realize it is more than one page.

If I try this from a different browser, say, Chrome 25.0.1364.160 Ubuntu
10.04 (25.0.1364.160-0ubuntu0.10.04.1)
brings up a window when I try to print: Print Failed: something went
wrong when trying to print. Please check your printer and try again".
The printer dialog comes up and prints OK on other pages.

On the Opera browser, I do get the full page printed but on subsequent
pages I also get the header (NCL Examples Functions etc) that write over
the text.

Jeremy

Is there some strange way you create your html on-line help that messes
up browsers that try to print it?