[ncl-install] short2float problem

Gwenaelle Berthier gwenaelle.berthier at meteoprotect.com
Tue Apr 21 08:42:32 MDT 2015

Dear ncl-people,

I've installed a ncl-6.2.0 version with no OPeNDAP capacities on a Ubuntu
machine (I had some libxxx.so problems).

I have 6Go Swap memory but my script failed when running the short2float
function.
I have seen many comments on the archives' forum but i could not fix my
problem.

For example, my file is 0.9 Go with a short variable (called xS) of 3
dimensions (5000 x 201 x 464).
I can read the data, extract my variable but i could not create a new
variable as a float and afterwards, convert xS into a float variable.

xF = new ( dimsizes(xS), float, 1.e20)   (see contributed.ncl)
fatal:NclMalloc Failed:[errno=12]
fatal:New: could not create new array:[errno=12]

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,
Gwenaëlle