[ncl-install] (no subject)

juki juki juky_emc2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 20:48:31 MDT 2014

Dear Dennis;

As I said before that I was having a  problem to install NCL in my new PC. Now, I would like to ask about few point:

(1) How set the  the
environment variables permanently. Now, I must set every time I log into my PC.

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl-6.2.1
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

I edit .bash_profile and write such command in it, but no change, I still must copy it again every time I log in.

(2) I got the following error:

Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.0
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
wks.c: Error in opngks_(): Could not open "./mp04n.ncgm"
GKS ERROR NUMBER  304 ISSUED FROM SUBROUTINE GOPWK :
--INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE SENDING DATA TO A WORKSTATION
GKS ERROR NUMBER   25 ISSUED FROM SUBROUTINE GESC  :

Thank you

Joeky