[ncl-install] NCL Error

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 27 10:21:42 MDT 2014

You need to set the NCARG_ROOT environment variable to the parent directory
of where NCL is installed.

Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

You can usually figure out what NCARG_ROOT is supposed to be by typing (on
the UNIX command line):

which ncl

Usually this reports something with a "/bin" at the end.  Take the "/bin"
off the path, and you have your NCARG_ROOT value. For example, if "which
ncl" says "/usr/local/bin", then NCARG_ROOT should be set to "/usr/local".

--Mary