[ncl-install] CentOS 6, failed dependencies while installing NCL

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed May 21 21:04:33 MDT 2014

On 05/21/2014 08:54 PM, Eve Bopha Thida Lecoeur wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I’ve been trying to install NCL on CentOS 6. I am following indications
> from this
> webpage: http://pkgs.org/centos-6/epel-x86_64/netcdf-4.1.1-3.el6.5.x86_64.rpm.html
> on which there is a How To Install Section.
>

>     Install Howto
>
>  1. Download the latest epel-release rpm from
>
>     http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/
>
>  2. Install epel-release rpm:
>
>     # rpm -Uvh ncl*rpm
>
>  3. Install netcdf rpm package:
>
>     # yum install netcdf

I don't know if they've fixed the instructions since you posted or if
you just mis-read, but the instructions actually read:

2. Install epel-release rpm:

  # rpm -Uvh epel-release*rpm

Which even that should probably be done with yum:

  # yum install epel-release*rpm

Then you can install netcdf and deps automatically with yum.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com