[ncl-install] mac installation issue

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue May 20 19:40:40 MDT 2014

The error implying that your system fontconfig is out-of-date. Did you upgrade your MacOS, by any chance, but not update your other software libraries?

Also, do you have XQuartz installed on your system?  You want to be sure this is at version 2.7.5 or later. For more information about XQuartz, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/macosx.shtml#InstallXQuartz

—Mary