[ncl-install] NCL INSTALLING

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 3 09:00:38 MDT 2014

Hi,

I recommend that you install NCL from a pre-built LINUX binary, rather than trying to build it from source code.

We don't have binaries specifically for Ubuntu, but the Debian binaries should work.

To download NCL using a pre-built LINUX binary, first look at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

and then this will help you determine which LINUX binary to download:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml

Good luck,

--Mary