[ncl-install] Cannot find -liconv

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:42:12 MDT 2014

Hi Giorgio,

Try compiling the program without "-liconv" and see what happens.  To do
this, first type:

ncargex cpex08 -n

and then copy and paste the full compile line, but without the -liconv. In
fact, I recommend trying it without many of those last few libraries and
see how far you get:

gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -fopenmp -O -o
cpex08 cpexcc.f cpex08.f -L/usr/local/ncl-6.2.0/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64
-lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext -lcairo

At a minimum, you need the "-lcairo" library. If you find the above
statement still gives you undefined references, then try adding back in the
original libraries in the order they appear.

--Mary

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Giorgio Graffino <giorgio.graffino at alice.it