[ncl-install] ncl for SUSE linux

ZhengJian zhengjian8606 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:12:34 MDT 2014

Hi Mary,
I tried the RedHat binary, the error was libgomp.so.1 is not found (Thanks for your reply for that email). I also tried to install a few versions of libgomp.so.1, but I got "/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.6' not found" or "floating point exception".
I also got the problem of "/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found" for installing a newer gcc and appropriate Debian binary. It seems the glibs library is also inappropriate.
At last I found the NCL 5.2.1 version has Debian binary for gcc 4.1.2 and I installed it successfully. I will use it temporarily, although this version is old and misses many useful resources and functions.
Thanks very much for your suggestions.Jian