[ncl-install] question

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 21 14:12:29 MDT 2014

Maziar,

For #1, I'm not sure what you mean by "Linux will be restart." Did you get
some kind of error message when you tried to run "ng4ex gsun01n -clean"?
 If so, it would help if you included the error message.

For #2, you don't need to get the "ncargex cpex08" example to work, unless
you really need to use NCAR Graphics instead of NCL.  If you need NCAR
Graphics, then you will need to install cairo and the libraries that cairo
depends on.  See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml

for more information. In particular, you will need to install the cairo
development package:

   apt-get install libcairo-devel

or

  yum istall libcairo-devel