[ncl-install] ncl -V gives no output

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 21 14:05:02 MDT 2014

We do not yet support 64-bit Cygwin, which is stated on our "Cygwin notes"
page at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

You must download the 32-bit version of Cygwin, which is the
"setup-x86.exe" program.  I believe you can have both 32-bit and 64-bit
Cygwin software installed at the same time, since one uses the c:\cygwin
directory, and the other one c:\cygwin64.

I will try to make this information more visible.

--Mary