[ncl-install] Problem running NCL with Gygwin, bash.

Lucía lucy_fm at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 15:15:12 MST 2014

Dear Mary,

I am trying to run NCL from Cygwin using the shell bashrc, but I can´t.  I edited the .bashrc file with vim editor writing, as stated in http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#InstallCygwinX:¡, the following lines at the end:
export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export DISPLAY=:0.0

If I call for the verion of the program it responds:

Lucia at Lucia-PC ~
$ ncl -V
6.1.2

I am trying to run the code in the file http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/gpcp_1DD.bin2nc.ncl. To transform some binary files to .nc. The file with the code is located in /usr/local. The folders with the binary files are in /usr/loca/GPCPbinary.  And I want the output in GPCPnetcdf.

Could you please help me solving the problem?

Here is the code that I typed:

Lucia at Lucia-PC ~
$ cd /usr/local

Lucia at Lucia-PC /usr/local
$ ls
bin  gpcp_1DD.bin2nc.ncl  GPCPbinary  GPCPnetcdf  include  lib  ncl.stackdump

Lucia at Lucia-PC /usr/local
$ ncl gpcp_1DD.bin2nc.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2013 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.2
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupp                                                                                                    orted:[errno=2]
NDV_COLORMAP_PATH environment variable not set:
        defaulting to .:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps
warning:["Palette.c":1844]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid directory encountered in colormap p                                                                                                    ath specification
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thank you very much!
Lucía