[ncl-install] ncl installation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 19 23:10:42 MDT 2014

Please see our notes on this specific problem:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/macosx.shtml#libgomp

You will need to find the "libgomp.1.dylib" library on your computer, which
you can do via Spotlight.  My guess is that either your gcc 4.8.3 install
wasn't successful, or else it was installed in a different location than
/usr/local.  You may need to setenv DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH as described
on this page.

As for your plotmf.exe question, this is out of the realm of NCL, as it is
not something we support or build.  If "plotmf.exe" needs to be built from
source code, and if this code depends on NCAR Graphics or HLU library
calls, then yes, you should install NCL first before you try to make
plotmf.exe. You may want to ask the WRF folks about this (wrfhelp at ucar.edu).

--Mary