[ncl-install] Error opening pwrtix data file

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 21 20:19:33 MDT 2014

You either don't have NCARG_ROOT set correctly, or else you have other NCARG_XXXXX environment variables that are not set correctly.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

You can verify what you have set by typing:

env | grep NCARG

To see where it thinks NCL is installed, type:

which ncl

This should echo the same path as whatever $NCARG_ROOT/bin is.

You shouldn't need any other NCARG_XXXX environment variables set other than NCARG_ROOT, unless you went out of your way to install the NCL software under different parent directories.

--Mary