[ncl-install] NCAR Graphics - Test fails

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 14 09:02:14 MDT 2014

Dear Smiriti,

"bz2" refers to "bzip2". You can try googling for this and installing it yourself.

Or, depending on what versions of all the extra libraries (cairo, pixman-1, fontconfig, etc) you are linking against, you may not need -lbz2.

To see if you can get this program to work without -lbz2, you can try copying the compile line that "ncargex" is echoing, but remove the -lbz2.

So, for example, run "ncargex" without the -clean option:

ncargex cpex08

Then copy and past the compile line, but leave out the -lbz2:

gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -fopenmp -O -o cpex08 cpexcc.f cpex08.f -L/home/smritip1/NOAA/new_gsi/ncl_ncarg-6.2.0/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext -lcairo -lfontconfig -lpixman-1 -lfreetype -lexpat -lpng -lz -lpthread -lXrender

--Mary