[ncl-install] Build failure of 6.2.0 without EOS

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Apr 4 14:39:43 MDT 2014

The Fedora ncl build is currently done without EOS support.  I suspect that as
a result we get the following error:

NclNewHDF5.c:2552:20: error: 'FAIL' undeclared (first use in this function)
      if (f_space == FAIL)

It appears that FAIL is defined in the EOS headers (I see it used in other NCL
EOS code).  Changing to < 0 is probably more correct as the HDF5 description
states:

Returns:
     Returns a dataspace identifier if successful; otherwise returns a
negative value.

(Interesting that most of your checks for negative values are of the form:
   (0 > ret_value), haven't seen that before).

Patch is attached.

- Orion

--
Orion Poplawski