[ncl-install] After install to cygwin, no response to any command

Robert Cohen Robert.Cohen at po-box.esu.edu
Tue Sep 17 11:11:11 MDT 2013

Greetings,

I am attempting my second download of ncl-binary to Cygwin - the first was on a 32-bit desktop PC and this one is on a 64-bit laptop.

The first download went fine.  This download has a problem and I can't find anything in the archives.

The problem is that every command (ncl, ncargf77, idt, ctrans, you name it) brings up no error, no response, nothing - just a blank line.  Using "which" brings up the proper locations and the files are indeed there.

If it brought up an error, I'd have a clue where to look.

I'm guessing there might be a missing library or something I neglected to install during the Cygwin setup but I need a clue where to look.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert A. Cohen, Department of Physics, East Stroudsburg University
570.422.3428   rcohen at esu.edu<mailto:rcohen at po-box.esu.edu>    http://www.esu.edu/~bbq