[ncl-install] ncl in cygwin/X

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 6 10:36:04 MDT 2013

Hi Tongli,

I downloaded the latest Cygwin on my Windows machine at home using the same version of Cygwin as you.

When  I used "setup-x86_64.exe", I had the same problem as you.

When I used "setup-x86.exe", NCL worked just fine.

Hopefully this will be the solution for you as well.

I will put a note on our Cygwin notes page about this.  This is the first time I've heard of Cygwin having two different versions of "setup.exe".

Thanks for your patience!

--Mary

On Sep 4, 2013, at 9:39 AM, Wang, Tongli wrote:

> I used "setup-x86_64.exe" because my computer is running 64-bit windows OS.
> I will try "setup-x86.exe".
>
> Thanks,
> Tongli

>>> Tongli