[ncl-install] Problem after NCL installation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 31 08:18:14 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "stuck to login loop whenever I try to enter the desktop".

Do you mean you can't open a UNIX terminal window? Are there any error messages anywhere?

What required NCL libraries did you install? I don't think it's the NCL libraries themselves (libhlu.a, libncl.a, libncarg.a, etc) that would be the problem.

Did you try googling this problem? I googled for "Ubuntu 12.04 problem with login" and found several links:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/130387/stuck-at-login-screen
http://askubuntu.com/questions/330801/login-problem-in-ubuntu-12-04
http://askubuntu.com/questions/193855/problem-with-ubuntu-12-04-login