[ncl-install] NCL version for unix

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu May 9 08:31:46 MDT 2013

Hi Jay,

In the future, please use the ncl-install email list for questions like these. I see you subscribed, but maybe your subscription hadn't been approved yet?

We do not have binaries for an SGI, unfortunately, but you might be able to build NCL from source code. There was a point where you could build NCL on SGIs, back when these systems were more in use, and we have a configuration file for SGI that you might be able to use.

The install from source instructions are at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

The configuration file you can try is: $NCARG/config/SGI_IRIX

Viewing the images via putty shouldn't be an issue.

--Mary