[ncl-install] Problem unzipping/untarring NCL setup file

Daniel Packman pack at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 30 12:44:38 MST 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at Jan 30   12:30 PM, "David Book" <davidbook at enigmatics.com> wrote:

> Mary and Daniel . . .
>
> To continue our discussion, I have two questions.
>
> First question: Earlier I pointed out a peculiarity in my prompts. The prompt when I am in my home directory reads
>
> Book at Book-Enigmatics ~ rather than Book
>
> When I do a cd .. the prompt reads  Book at Book-Enigmatics /home
>
> When I do another cd .. the prompt reads Book at Book-Enigmatics /
>
> This is the same as the prompt in my home directory, except that a slash has replaced the tilde.

To unambiguously find out what your current working directory is, use pwd.
Most properly, since pwd can be a shell builtin, typing /bin/pwd will return your
current working directory path.

The prompt is set up within the shell startup and is the PS1 environment variable.
It looks like yours is the default setup for cygwin.

http://superuser.com/questions/6522/change-cygwin-prompt