[ncl-install] NCARG_ROOT under Cygwin

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Jan 19 10:16:50 MST 2013

You don't want /usr/local/bin/ncl on your search path. Just "/usr/local/bin"

> export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

Also, did you actually install NCL under /usr/local?  Something doesn't
make sense, because it shows "ncl" as being in /usr/local/bin, which
means you should then have a directory /usr/local/lib/ncarg/colormaps,
which the error below is claiming you don't have.

What does the following report:

  env | grep NCARG
  which ncl
  ncargpath ncarg