[ncl-install] Obtaining libngmath.lib instead of libngmath.a for Visual Studio

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 16 16:47:29 MST 2013

Hi Romain,
Unfortunately we do not support native Windows installations at all. We do have support for through Cygwin, but I am guessing that does not work for you.
Possibly we could offer some basic assistance on building from source, but only if your problems are not platform-specific. What sort of error messages are you getting when you attempt to build from source? If you are getting undefined references during the link stage, I can tell you that, although our documentation at http://www.ncarg.ucar.edu/ngmath/ claims that the ngmath library "is a stand-alone" library, I have noticed that there are a few dependencies on the NCARG library. Specifically I noticed references to 'seter' and 'icfell' in the shgrid code. These are some error handling routines that are located in the ncarg2d/src/libncarg/support directory of the NCL distribution (assuming you downloaded the NCL source).
 -dave