[ncl-install] Do man pages exist for NCL?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 8 12:18:57 MST 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Craig Tierney - NOAA Affiliate wrote:

> Mary,
>
> Is it that man pages are deprecated in current and future versions on NCL?  If that is true and I can tell my user that.  I am looking for supportable configurations.

Yes, somewhat. We haven't bothered keeping them current, because most of them are man pages for things we haven't changed for years. We don't add new man pages for things like "ncl", "ncl_filedump", and "ncl_convert2nc" because we have online documentation for all of this. So, in that sense, yes, they are deprecated.

We do have it on our list of things to do to add better accessible documentation from NCL, so you can look up functions from "ncl" itself, without having to go online.