[ncl-install] 64-Bit Libraries on Mac OS X

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 21 11:31:10 MST 2013

The reason why it works with the older version of NCL is because this version doesn't have cairo dependencies, and hence doesn't need the cairo libraries.

You didn't include your compile line or error messages, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with V6.1.2. My guess is that you either don't have the proper -lcairo, etc, lines in the link phase, or else you need some -L options to help your compiler find the cairo libraries.

Since you are using NCAR Graphics, I agree, there's probably no reason why you need to link against V6.1.x.

--Mary