[ncl-install] does not locate libgfortran.3.dylib on mac

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 20 10:03:24 MST 2013

Sangeeta,

I recommend using your Mac search application to find this library. It looks like a little magnifying glass, probably in the upper right corner of your screen.

Type in "libgfortran.3.dylib" and it should find all instances of this file.  Holding down the Command and Option button at the same time while you hover over the filename should give you the path to the file.

On my system, I see this library in /opt/local/lib/libgcc and /usr/local/lib

What does your gfortran version report?

   gfortran --version

--Mary