[ncl-install] help on NCL Installation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 5 08:53:43 MST 2013

Hi,

If you are only interested in running "ncl" on NCL scripts, then it is not important for ncargf90 or ncargf77 to work. These are for compiling the old-style NCAR Graphics C and Fortran programs.

If you need to get these commands to work, then the issue is that you don't appear to have the X11 libraries installed on your system. Either that, or your compiler can't find them. Did you try:

locate libX11

?

If the above command doesn't appear to find anything, then please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml#InstallSoftware

for more information about getting X11 installed on your system.

--Mary